The ETDZ has become legally operational with the decision of the Council of Ministers on the “Determining the Areas of Technology Development Zones No. 2003/5390” published in the Official Gazette on 10 April 2003.
Main objectives of the Eskişehir Technology Development Zone are as follows:
- To produce technological knowledge in order to make the country’s industry competitive in the international arena and have an export-oriented structure,
- To create innovations for products and production methods, to increase product quality and standards, to increase productivity and to reduce production costs,
- To commercialize technological knowledge and to support technology-intensive production and entrepreneurship,
- To adapt SMEs to new and advanced technologies,
- To create investment opportunities in technology-intensive fields and to support technology transfer
- To ensure cooperation between universities, research institutions and organizations and the production sector
- To provide the technological infrastructure in order to accelerate the entry of foreign capital into the country, which will provide high/advanced technology, and
- To increase our technological product exports per capita.
The long-term goal of the Eskişehir Technology Development Zone is to employ 5.000 qualified R&D personnel in approximately 300 R&D companies and to create an added value of 500 million dollars annually. It is aimed to produce “light in weight but heavy in value” goods (products), to increase the diversity of these goods and to produce technologies and innovations to be prominent in global markets.
With the Zone, an exemplary working environment for university-industry cooperation has been created with the contribution of the scientific synergy created by Anadolu and Osmangazi Universities in the city. In this direction, management company of the Eskişehir Technology Development Zone – Anadolu Technology Research Park Company (ATAP Inc.) was founded on 18 September 1990 with the support of the United Nations Fund for Science and Technology for Development. The ATAP Inc. is the first TDZ management company established in Turkey.
Eskişehir Technology Development Zone will be available to;
- Industry-based entrepreneurs
- University-based entrepreneurs
- Domestic and foreign R&D companies
- Individuals, having an idea to create a new product but cannot finding an R&D environment to carry out their technological works.
The main sectors in ETDZ are;
- Computer and information technologies
- Software and hardware
- Defence and Aviation